03 Oct May I see your EPCs please? 👀
Now, you may be wondering ‘what exactly is an EPC?’ and ‘why should I care?’. Which is perfectly understandable, many first-time renters don’t know about these. Below we’ll breakdown what an EPC is and why you should care.
What is an EPC?
An Energy Performance Certificate is a rating system used to show how energy efficient a building is. They are required to be available at most buildings that are being sold or rented and can help to determine the value of a property.
The rating system runs from A-G, with A being the highest – the average score of a UK home is D.
Why should we care about them?
The more energy efficient a property is, the easier it is to keep warm and to keep the lights on! If a rating is lower on the scale, it means that heat can escape the building more easily, so more energy is needed to keep the inside warm. 🏘
The less energy that’s needed to heat the property the better as decreasing energy usage is one of the many ways to help decrease our carbon footprint, as well as keeping the heating costs lower. 💚
Great news, the EPC rating for all our properties as a B – woohoo! 🎉
You can take a look are our properties EPC’s below 👇
What can you do to help?
It’s important for us all to do our part to make the places we live more energy efficient and in turn, help the environment.
The top 5 ways to help energy efficiency
- Layer up – get those fluffy jumpers and cosy blankets at the ready
- Lights off – if you aren’t in there, turn it off!
- Shorter showers – think, do you really need to be in the shower to do that?
- Choose 30 degrees wash – your washing will still get squeaky clean and it can be kinder to your clothes to wash them at lower temperatures
- Unplug – if you aren’t using it, turn it off!